To help alleviate the infant formula crisis, Reckitt collaborated with the White House on its Operation Fly Formula (OFF) initiative, which flew 192 metric tonnes of Enfamil base powder from Singapore to the U.S. Reckitt has since been self-funding additional air freight: 340 metric tonnes in August, 347 metric tonnes in September and 500 metric tonnes in October, taking our total through to 31 October to the equivalent of 42.8 million 8oz servings.
We have also transported 150 metric tonnes of PurAmino from Delicias, Mexico to the U.S.
Please see below for further details
- Approval to import 6 million 8oz servings
- Initial production scheduled for August 2022
- Scaling up and self funding air freight for August and September deliveries
- August shipment of 350 metric tonnes considerably larger than the 192 metric tonnes delivered through OFF in July
- August shipment, once blended will yield approximately 10.9 million 8oz servings of Enfamil
- 418,000 pounds
- 3 flights under OFF
- approximately 6M servings.
- Between now and November 2022, import 66M, largest contribution from an existing U.S. brand
- Import approval largest contribution from any manufacturer
- Enable the feeding of more than 130,000 additional babies per month on average.