Go ‘behind the screens’ this Cyber Security Awareness Month
It's Cyber Security Awareness Month!
As cyber-attacks rise to record numbers, we’re using this month to help educate our people on how to #becybersafe. It’s easier than you may think and more important than ever.
- Over 75% of targeted cyber-attacks begin with an email
- 53% of adults agree that remote work has made it much easier for hackers and cybercriminals to take advantage of people
- 47% of organisations have had at least one employee download a malicious app
What’s in store for Reckitt Cyber Security Awareness Month?
Here’s just some of the cyber security activities we’ll be taking part in during October…
- Speaking to cyber security experts
- Looking at the different types of cyber attacks
- Offering colleagues the chance to take part in some light hearted activities to increase their knowledge around Cyber Security
- Celebrating some of our own Reckitt #CyberLegends – meet some of the team who are helping keep Reckitt safe from cyber security threats
Here are some top tips from our cyber experts
At Reckitt, we’re committed to doing the right thing. Always. And that means keeping our people – and their friends and family – safe online. That includes you!
- #BeAPasswordPro – create strong, unique passwords and refresh them if you think they might have been compromised
- #ShareWithCare – only share information you are comfortable being in the public domain on the Internet or social media and password protect sensitive information for an extra layer of security
- #IgnoreTheBoss – if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t, take a pause and check people are who they say they are
- #SpotaPhish – look out for poor spelling, bad grammar and low-quality graphics, these could be a sign of a phishing attempt
Look out for posts on our social media channels on all things cyber security and take a look at the latest LinkedIn article from our Group Chief Information Security Officer, Ben Brophy, here.
*stats from Norton